LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarun (SE)     04 October 2011

Change of name

Hi , This is Tarun Here and need the guidance on the below issue .

I got married in 2007 and the name of my wife(the first name ) was changed in the marriage from X to Y . I applied for the paasport in 2008 and  gave the changed name of my spouce i.e. X and that time no document was submitted of the changed name . In 2011 i registered my marriage but the marriage was registered with her earlier name i.e. Y . so now in Passport my wife's name is X and in Marriage certificate her name is Y . Can you please guide me how can i change her name in Marriage certificate because i want to keep her changed name .

Spouce name in Passport : X   

Spouce name in Marriage certificate; Y

Can i apply for the fresh Marriage certificate or the changes can be made in the same certificate .

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 October 2011

Now you cannot change your wife's name in the marriage certificate, but by swearing an affidvit you can try for it.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 October 2011

You have already applied for the passport of your wife and submitted the original certificates.  You can also contact  the passport officer regarding change of name.  

Whatever name you have given in the passport application will appear in the passport.

Tarun (SE)     04 October 2011

Thanks for your quick responce. I have not applied for her passport till now , as i am planning for her passport on what name her passport will be issued . I want to keep her changed name , so i will prepare an affidvit will it work

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 October 2011

Yes, affidavit would work.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

sanjeev kumar goel (Advocate)     10 October 2011

mr tarun u r very clever by making false statemenets here you are seeking advice. do you want to make fool us professionals?.you mentioned in querry that your spouse name in her passport is X and in marriage certificate is Y and now you are saying that you had not applied for her passport. this act is highly shamefull by making false statements and seeking advice on such statements. be aware that on such false statements advice may also be false or wrong.

Tarun (SE)     26 October 2011

Mr sanjeev , just to clarify you that in my above statement which you have stated as FALSE i never mentioned that i have applied for my wifes passport just i told that the i applied for my passport and the name of my wife in that was given as the changed name . I am not here to fool you people . So the way you wrote ur statement is not the right way . Thanks anyways for ur valuable advice .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register