Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit (Executive)     16 March 2012

Change of mother name in 10th certificate cbse board

Respected Sir/Mam,
I live in Delhi. I have applied for Passport for the first time but there is an objection in it because my mother name(Before Marriage) is Aashima Sharma and (After Marriage) is Soniya Sharma. As in 10th Certificate my mother name is Aashima Sharma and i had applied in the passport form as Sonia Sharma. Due to my mother's name mismatch my passport is pending. I have the Following Documents.
1. i have the Newspaper cutting for the change in my mother’s First name.
2. i have an Affidavit regarding change in her name.
3. Voter ID in the name Sonia Sharma.
Passport official said to correct my Mother name in 10th Certificate. In that way i can easily get my Password.
Can i Change my mothers name in C.B.S.E 10th Certificate..?
Please sir guide me the correct procedure as i have been mislead by the AGENTS.
Help me Sir...??????

Learning

12 Replies

Pragati (law student)     17 March 2012

publish the same in two national level newspapers and submit the cutting of both these newspaper to the publication dpt of the govt with one affidavit,form(which will be available there) - then they will publish it in govt gazzate and then you have to file one copy of dat gazzate to CBSE.

Ankit (Executive)     17 March 2012

Thanks Mam.. i have a newspaper cutting of (Hindustan Times(HT)/Hindustan Hindi(HH))

and one Affidavit of change of mother name form Aashima to Soniya Sharma with 2-witnesses( witness name, address, Signature) in it.

will it be sufficient for the procedure..??

and as im from Delhi, where should i find the publication dpt of the Govt..?

Thanks for ur help Mam. I really really Appreciate it.

Pragati (law student)     17 March 2012

yes that will be sufficient .

Delhi Govt Publication Dept

Email: acop-dep@nic.in (&) pub.dep@nic.in 

TEL.: 2381 7823 / 9689 / 3761 / 3762 / 3764 / 3765. 

Fax: 2381 7846

Mukesh Chandra Gupta (Student)     11 April 2012

My dear friends,

I dont think this gazette copy is going to work any more in CBSE ,,,,

Have a look at this link..

www.cbse.nic.in/notification-amend-exam-byelaws.pdf

Attached File : 522487605 notification-amend-exam-byelaws.pdf downloaded: 1251 times

e k (student)     19 November 2012

latest amendment by CBSE allows change of candidate's/father's/mother's name on certificates once issued .. go to this link :

https://www.cbse.nic.in/circulars/Notification_exam_byelaw_3052011.pdf

RAGHAVENDRA (STUDENT)     30 April 2013

hello sir/madam,

I am Raghavendra doing my B.tech 3rd year in hyd. My native place is Bangalore.

I`m planning to go for an internship in poland. For which i need a passport, In applying that i ve a problem. My mother(lakshmi) expired when i was 5 years old, then my father married again and my step mother(Kalpana) name has been given in my cbse memo. So I'm Getting difference of mother's name in applying for passport. kindly help me  out getting the appropriate suggestion. I need to get my passpot by the end of may. 

Rahul (TL)     28 May 2013

Respected Sir,

I have cleared my xth and 12th in 2002 and 2004 from cbse. I want to change my name in both certificate..what shoule i do. pls tell me. 

ravinder singh pal (executive)     24 March 2014

Dear Sir / Ma'am

I have Done my 10th in 2005 from CBSE . And my mother name was changed to Uma to Usha . now i am getting problem to complete procedure to my passport. how can i change the name of 10th class certificate . I went to CBSE office they ask me to newspaper cutting . I din't understand what is the newspaper cutting .. and what i have to do with it. and where do i get it.  please help me.

i need urgent requirement of my passport. plzzzz

my email id : ravinderpal73@gmail.com

Dear Sir / Ma'am

I have Done my 10th in 2005 from CBSE . And my mother name was changed to Uma to Usha . now i am getting problem to complete procedure to my passport. how can i change the name of 10th class certificate . I went to CBSE office they ask me to newspaper cutting . I din't understand what is the newspaper cutting .. and what i have to do with it. and where do i get it.  please help me.

Dear Sir / Ma'am

Sheena Bajaj (CA)     24 May 2014

Hey ravinder singh pal i hope you are fine

you simply don't need to go to CBSE board! All you need to do is make affidavit of change of names of your mother. you can get the affidavit from notary public it will cost you near about Rs. 120. you will also need to mention the change of your mother's name in news paper. now here is the simple way to do this mess. go to notary public officer and tell your problem that you are not getting passport because of this problem he will do it all, news paper advertisement+affidavit . appear in the passport office with these two documents along with other documents and then they will approve your file.

i have been through it its bot a big  process, all the best

If you want to know any thing else please shoot me a message i will reply
for more info you can visit and ask questions from here

hope i helped.
Sheena Bajaj

Arsh Deep (student)     24 June 2014

Hi my name is Arsh Deep and i m in +11 standard and i want to change my mothers name from Sarabjit To Sarabjit Kaul ,,,, incuding surname in my CBSE 10 certificate so that i will no find any kind of problem in my paassport procedure,.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register