LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kainat (n/a)     22 January 2012

Case against husband

I am married to Foriegner, We had nikkah ceremony in july 2011. I have nikkah certificate and my husband promised me he will register our marriage in december. He didnt come in december and he is telling me he dont want to come back and he want to give divorce without a genuine reason. He did the same thing with other 2 gilrs in different countries. He is not ready to sign divorce papers from court and he is insisting me he will give divorce by muslim law(talaqnama). He is not ready to give me maintenance as per indian govt rules and he is hiding about our marriage. He is telling me i cannot do anything against him as he is not indian. He strted searching for another wife just after 3 months of my marriage. I dont want to give him divorce and if he wants i want to go by legal rules and regulations please help me what i can do in this matter.

Learning

3 Replies

kainat (n/a)     22 January 2012

is the nikkah certificate with 3 witness and with all the nikkah video , photos and grand ceremony a valid proof?

(Guest)

ok by going through ur above statement, it is suggested to contact me asap to proceed further, u don't worry matter will be resolved soon.

Manoj kumar,

Advocate,

Delhi.
Ph: 09310443650 / 09319220768

Email: advocates.agra@gmail.com

"Speak less to the people whom you like most... Because if they can't understand your silence ......They can never understand your words...!!"

(Guest)

@ Dear Sister Kinat

1.   It is very disturbing to hear your story. You have mentioned that your husband is not an Indian citizen. 

2. In certain countries, it is very easy to obtain justice without spending any money on lawyers in such cases. We can get a court order which will freeze all his accounts - he will be able to deposit money but not take out one penny outside the bank. 

3. I will be happy to provide free help to trace this guy internationally. We can get the foreign court to order interim maintainance. 

4. Also, it is very easy to get this foregner behind bars. 

5. Please provide the following information:

(a) Which country's citizenship does your husband hold. Passport country. 

(b) Does he have dual citizenship - e.g US and Canada, 

(c) Do you have any information about his office address, email address, cell phone, social security, last postal address. 

6. In the meantime, continue email/ written contact with him and retain all his replies where he has indicated that " you cannot do anything to him as he is no Indian.". 

7. How did you meet him  ? Does your family know his family ? Were you a  " mail order bride"  to him ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register