LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swapnil Shirodkar (Process Control Engineer)     03 February 2012

498a missiles deployed to be launched anytime by wife and il

I have been married for the last 5 months and I am working in Nigeria. Before marriage wife initiallly agreed to join me which she backtracked soon after marriage. My Inlaws came, saw my house and living conditions of my one bedroom Flat and agreed for Marriage. Now she was not able to adjust to the one bedroom flat and does not want my family members in the bedroom as she demands full privacy... She is staying with her Mother and is pressurising me to take the 50pc share of my mothers house and buy a new one for which she is willing to contribute voluntarily failing which she will drag me and my family to court for dowry harrasment and criminal breach of trust. My parents and Old and cardiac patients. We have not asked for a single penny dowry. Note the girl is from a posh locality in South Mumbai and i am Living in a Suburb. They have a three bedroom flat which they have kept paying guests in two bedrooms. The Girls parents are divorced when she was 2 years old....

Her Relative is a Major genral in the Army and they are threating to use his influence to get us behind bars!!! We all are in a panicky situation

Can anybody suggest how do i sheild myself and family against this... I have a screenshot of msn messeger which she says ''ask ur mother to Give 50 percent share'' I am in the process of collecting more evidence like voice recordings and chat messages

Learning

15 Replies

can anyone help me!!!!!

can anyone advice me.... please

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     03 February 2012

First decide if you wish to live with her or not.

Join SIFF.Read IPC 498-a survival guide,available on net. 

I will read that but what do i do with the current situation

cm jain sir (ccc)     03 February 2012

bro,

Privacy in bedroom is i think genuine demand.

she is ready to live in joint family na. I think this one is the only major issue raised by her, so i would request you that u shud try to save marriage.

I know its a big problem for u to take a bigger house in mumbai.

Tell them that u r trying to solve the issues to save the marriage. Threatening will not help them.

Ranee....... (NA)     03 February 2012

I agree with Anonnimous

**Victim** (job)     04 February 2012

Okay Privacy is a genuine demand but where the hell 50 % share in MIL house demand came from ? Swapnil although your issue is not that serious but do you have any guarantee that this girl might not create any future problem ? Husband wife should be supporting each other and she should understand this very well that if you are not able to buy it right now then definately you will try to arrange some privacy in future. But if she only after your Mother's property and that is the only reason she is creating this drama then better stay away from that lady. But at the same time be ready to fight for 498 (a) get urself arrange for anticipatory bail to safeguard yourself. For womens there are many options after the wedlock but for men after wearing ring in the finger there is only one ring which is called "SUFFERING"

Swapnil Shirodkar (Process Control Engineer)     04 February 2012

How can i stay away when we are married and its consummated....... 

If you can't stay away then learn to control this situation here at LCI people can advise you but no one is going to teach you how to approach your wife and resolve this issue. Do it on your own my friend go and get a rental apartment and tell her to join you if she agrees then it works for both of you...

Swapnil Shirodkar (Process Control Engineer)     04 February 2012

she is suffering from Bipolar Disorder and its very hard to approach

You have 2 choices

1) Don't accept her at all go for divorce and then be ready to face 498 (a), crpc 125, DV all such cases resulting in several years of litigation.

or

2) Accept her and try to reconcile the issue within family.

Suresh Pitchaimuthu (NFHS)     04 February 2012

You can Join 498A GROUP on facebook and and join discussions

https://www.facebook.com/groups/216895415013287/

Swapnil Shirodkar (Process Control Engineer)     08 February 2012

Finally i have captured what i have been waiting for... I have recorded conversation in which my wife and my IL's have been terrorizing me and also the conversation has '' they have pehechann with Goons'' ... can i use this as a counter weapon in the court if arrested? 

**Victim** (job)     08 February 2012

Yes swapnil this would be the great evidence i don't know how law will consider your recorded conversation but this is the surely the one which you want to hold against them. But be prepared for immediate 498 (a) and other cases they will try to file as many as cases on you coz they will try to cover their butt and put pressure on you so that you bow down to make compromise. Just don't mention anything abt conversation until you present your petition in court all the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register