Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pv   28 September 2018

Rajkot cooperative society - illegal holding of property and asking for unbelievable amount to release the property

I have taken a mortgage loan of Rs. 25 lacs from "Aditi cooperative credit society Ltd", Rajkot, Gujarat against my property at 36% interest PA on Feb, 2016. I am paying 75,000/- per month till date but he has not given any receipt for the installment as the rate of interest is illegal but I have other proof of payment of installments. I have paid a total Rs. 22,50,000/- till date. I want to sell my property and repay the loan and I am requesting to the Director named "Jagdish Sinh Jadeja" for more than 6 months. He is asking me to pay more 40 lakhs to release the property. I deny for the same. He has cheques of my and my family members against the mortgage loan. He deposited cheques without informing me and cheques were bounced. He sent me a legal notice via advocate and mentioned in the notice that he has given a personal loan and I have given them check to pay back worth the loan and total interest till date. He didn't mention the property or mortgage loan in the notice. I have given those cheques at the time of the mortgage loan without any date just like we give in any loan. He has sent me a notice for cheque return. I don't understand his intentions, I was ready to repay the amount which I am supposed to pay but he always denied and now he wants 40 lakhs. I do have a copy of mortgage deed and other proof of repayment of installments but not receipts. After digging up his history I came to know: - They are doing this kind of illegal activities and steal people's money and property. They give money to people up to 5-10% of interest rate per month and when people can't pay back they harras them and steal their property. - This cooperative society is running under Rajkot District Bank and still does this kind of illegal activities and make people strive to death. Lots of victims are died in the city because of this kind of money sharks!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register