LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varun Garg (no)     12 June 2015

Raising dispute with credit card issuing bank

I enrolled for a Club Membership which claimed to be 24 X 7, and post joining I realized they are not 24 X 7. apart from it there were certain service issues which at the tme of enrollment were promised to me, I tried calling my Credit Card bank to file a dispute, but they informed me that you can not file a dispute in such case, what else can I do ?

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 June 2015

If some thing was committed but was not fulfilled then complaint for deficiency can be lodged.

If the complaint is declined to be registered and complaint number is declined to be issued on phone call then lodge complaint in writing quoting reference of phone call (mention phone number/date/time/names…………and that the CCE declined to register and issue complaint number) and demand reply in writing only.

It is believed that all services, promises made to you were verbal and you did not record these and did not reduce these into writing.

This is the way the CC companies and so called Clubs train their staff to allure gullible and ill informed citizens and majority of the person get carried away.

Try by asking to supply their promises and services on letterhead under original seal and signature and in all probabilities you won’t get anything or everything in writing.

Build some evidence or reduce everything in writing before you proceed further.

Record all calls.

Prefer to proceed under expert guidance of a lawyer specializing in consumer cases .

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 June 2015

Sir, Send a legal notice as soon as you can . Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

varun Garg (no)     13 June 2015

Mr. Kumar

Thanks for your input, I have wrote an email to the Credit Card Bank and asked for written response, And yes I do have all the promises and agreements made by the club in written and also of that they are not providing some services.

I immediately don't want to file a case in consumer forum as adviced by my friends. waiting for a favourable response from the bank.

Thanks for your advice.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 June 2015

You have posted that: “I have wrote an email to the Credit Card Bank and asked for written response, And yes I do have ………………. in written and also of that they are not providing some services.” Relate it with forms/agreements signed by you and check if it is stated that………………..some or all services may not be provided later or withdrawn anytime without any notice. Beyond this if you have any legal issues you may approach an able Lawyer/Law firm and proceed further under expert advice of your lawyer.

sridher (system analyst)     13 June 2015

you have to approach consumer forum

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register