LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shakti   06 November 2018

RWA avoiding security related issue

Dear Attorney I have a question related to taking legal action against my RWA. I live in Gurgaon in an apartment complex. I had an incident where a group of residents of my complex ganged up against me and harassed and threatened me. They prevented me from using the gymnasium. I complained to RWA in writing but the RWA officials seemed reluctant to do anything about it. I also complained stating that a resident should not have to live in fear because of rogue residents. My RWA seemed reluctant to take any action about it. I reminded them on several occasions about taking action here. But they did not. I pay maintenance and security charges regularly and promptly. Still RWA has ignored the security related issue. I am a tenant in the society. Can I take legal action against the RWA and sue them for compensation for not providing services and wilfully ignoring the situation? Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 November 2018

The posting suggest a law and order issue. Action needs to be pursued through the Police or the jurisdictional Magistrate,

Shakti   07 November 2018

Thanks Venu. Should not RWA do something here? After all I pay them for security and their security guards on spot did nothing. Isn�t RWA liable for not taking action here?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 November 2018

1. Discuss with your landlord who is a member of RWA.

2. The problem is required to be reported to police, if police do not take any action file a written complaint before area Magistrate and/ or Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum through a local lawyer.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 November 2018

You have to file complaint against the group of people for harrassing and threatening in police station. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register