LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (service)     25 July 2009

RTI for banks

Dear Members, Under Right to Information Act, Can we ask banks for application status, documents lost, delay in credit and seek information?

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 July 2009

Refer to section 8 of the RTI Act 2005.

Ziaur Rahman ( Practice)     26 July 2009

In the nationalised banks you can ysed the provision of RTI Act 2005. As regrard private Banks, file an application under section 6 of RTI Act 2005 with the CPIO R.B.I of your state. he will forward the application under section 5(2) RTI Act 2005 to the said bank. By virtue of the letter of the CPIO R.B.I the power of CPIO is delegated upon the Manager of the private bank who is bound to reply or face penal measure. Section 8 of RTI Act describes the disclosere of protected information and not about the information of banking.

kumar (manager)     22 August 2011

i wish to apply  under RTI -act  whom do i contact in hyderbad  and where is the RTI office located in hyderabd

please help

Joy Manglani (President)     08 May 2012

I think only nationalised banks are obliged to give information under RTI. Please correct me if I am wrong

Siddharth Khandelwal (owner)     14 May 2012

प्रत्येक  निजी संस्था किसी न किसी प्रकार से शासन से सम्बद्ध होती है.वे अस्तित्व में ही शासन की अनुमति 

से आती हैं.शासन  के साथ व्यवहार उनकी भी दिनचर्या का अंग होता है. उन्हें अपनी जानकारियां शासन को 
प्रदान करनी होती हैं.वे शासन से निर्देश/आदेश प्राप्त करती रहती हैं.दण्डित भी होती हैं.यही निजी बैंकों 
पर भी लागू होता है.सीधे तो नहीं पर हाँ वे भी अधिनियम के दायरे में आते  हैं.
                                                                                                                  सिद्धार्थ 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register