LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

RTI appl will cost more

Post offices have now stopped receiving letters UNDER CERTIFICATE OF POSTING commonly known as UPC. It used to cost Rs 3 per three letters to different addressees. It was cheap and effective. A RTI application therefore used to cost us only Rs 13 inclusive of the Rs 10 postal order.

It will cost a RTI  applicant a minimum Rs 35 to send the application duly registered. Can anybody explain why this UPC has been stopped? Is it to put a brake on the free flow of RTI applications. Babu have brains and they use it sparingly to cause havoc in a democracy.

Learning

5 Replies

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     10 April 2011

IT IS HALF TRUTH ONLY.....  COST OF TYPING, FIRST APPEAL SECOND APPEAL ,MANY REMINDERS TO S.I.C./C.I.C  ALL BY REGISTERED POST TRVEL EXPENCES TO S.I.C.OR C.I.C.  NO RESULTS S.I.C.  IN U.P.DON,T SEND COPY OF THEIR DECISIONS TO APPLICANTS  THOUSAND RS. WASTAGE, LOTS OF GOVT MONEY WASTED ON ALL SYTEM ON PIOS ETC....EVEN PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE IS NOT GIVING INFORMATIONS .......PHIR BHI GARV SE KAHO HUM HINDUSTANI HAIN ???? KAHAN HAIN ANNA HAZARE  JI ?...YE BHARAT NAHI "BRHASHTACHARAT" HAI

1 Like

(Guest)

Will Mr Arving Kejriwal take notice ? RTI Act is in its death bed. It is more important that that of Jan Lokpal Bill which will achievee nothing.

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     25 April 2011

YES YOU ARE RIGHT  IT IS GOING THE SAME FATE AS OTHER LAWS... TAKING YEARS, NO INFORMATIONS NO I/C READ YOU PAPERS OR DO NOT WANT TO READ, WASTAGE OF PUBLIC MONEY ...AND SOME OFFICIALS ARE ENJOYING IT...

."IS DESH ME KUTCHH  EMANDAR PERSONS TO IMPORT KARO"??????

1 Like

(Guest)

It is very sad state of affairs, but please keep on fighting the system. Each one of us is doing our bit to promote transparency and discourage high-handedness. I have no hope of immediate change, but I believe that our voice counts. Don't let the corrupt sleep in peace. 
We were having similar debate about the procedural hurdles in the process of seeking info via RTI Act. Dr Sanat Kumar Dash, who is a regular contributor in this site said that we can sue in Consumer Forum if we do not get reply to first appeal. I checked that up and found that government bodies can be sued in Consumer Forum there has been a Supreme Court order to that effect. I am still not sure if PIOs can be sued.
Anna Hazare has set the ball rolling, we have to carry it forward.
About Lok Pal Bill, I agree it is not as effective as RTI Act, and there are no direct/ immediate benefits for common people like us. But it will have the same effect of killing Osama bin Laden. He was the mastermind, similarly our corrupt politicians are masterminds, if they are removed, the morale of many lower-level corrupt officials will break.
I admire your spirit. Keep fighting!

(Guest)

It is nice to see people charged up to do something for the country. But please do not mix up. Terrorism is a different thing especially in the context of Osama Bin Laden. It is further mixed up with Muslim fundamentalism versus Christian expansionism. 

What we should be interested to fight the enemy within. The corrupt politicians , the IAS.COM, The IPS.Org, the IRS.CO.IN collectively eating our vitals. The CAs created to check those elements have become a very useful tool to them to issue NO Ghotala certificate as on demands.

RTI Act has been slow poisoned by Mr Habib , the erstwhile CIC and now seen preaching anybody and everybody  on corruption. Mr Arvind Kejriwal is too busy to notice that cost of RTI application has been hiked by default. He should have been vocal in asking the reason for withdrawing the exixsting UPC facility in post offices. Aam Admi can not now afford the cost of RTI applicartion by sending by Regd post.

I do not like to comment on Anna Hazare's initiatives on the LOKPAL bill starting with a fast onto death at Jantar Mantar with a Saffronised heavily jewelleried Hindu Goddesss like Bharat mata on the back drop. It is too close for comfort with Hindutva forces out to destroy the social and secular fabric of our country.

Lets concentrate on RTI Act 2005. This has all the ingredients for a better India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register