LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sapna Makhija (Lawyer)     12 September 2008

RTI

Hi. I needed some information from the Gujarat University, but as i was not aware of the name of information officer, I simply wrote

To,

"the Information Officer"

Gujarat University,

Navarangpura, Ahmedabad.

Its about 1 and half month and I have not received any reply. Now i am willing to file an appeal before the Vice Chancellor- Appellate Authority. But the problem is --- Is it necessary to mention the name of responsible officer in the appeal? or I can simply file the appeal.

Thanks and regards,

Learning

7 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     12 September 2008

Go to Gujrat University portal www.gujratuniversity.org.in. There is a page Right to Information Act 2005. Name of PIO's and first appellate authority are mentioned therein. Since it is in Gujrati which I cant read, I can't give you the exact name.

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     12 September 2008

In the appeal, just mention Public Information Officer. Name is not a must. For not supplying info within 30 days, PIO is responsible under this act.U may refer my files on this site on various matters related to RTI , including Gujarat RTI Rules for format of first appeal etc.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks Mr. Shah.

Where can I find the reference of your files? Actually, I am new to this site, and just exploring. Thanks and regards, Sapna Makhija 

Thanks Mr. Thukral.

Ya, actually at the time of initial application, I didn't knew that, but later on I visited the website and came to know about the same. But again there are three categories of officers 1) Appellate Authority 2) Information Officer 3) Chief Assistant Information Officer. So I was cofused whom to address application, whether to information officer or chief assistant information officer.

Thanks and regards, Sapna  

Guest (n/a)     13 September 2008

Verysimple.Just address'Appellate Auathority ' and supersribr the cover as RTI APPLICATION.

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     14 September 2008

MY FILES ARE POSTED IN FILES SECTION CIVIL LAWS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register