Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

xpressjunction (Site engineer)     22 December 2014

Question on lok adalat settlement

Respected Sirs,

Currently there is a civil suit in progress in city civil court filed by wife side.

The suit has been filed to declare the settlement deed to the name of my mother as null and void.

To give a background they had filed a civil suit earlier to not to alineate the property purchased before marriage. The suit was dismissed.

Subsequently they filed the present suit.

There is a Divorce OP pending along with various I.A's and Domestic Violence case against me.

My Lawyer is saying if we take the Civil Suit to Lok Adalat and reach a settlement, it would result in closure of all other cases including the Divorce OP.

Seems like their lawyers has mentioned to my lawyer that he would not oppose if a request for referral to Lok Adalat is filed.

My questions are:

1. Will reaching a settlement in a Civil Suit in Lok Adalat help in closure of other  cases including Main Divorce O.P and DV just because the wife side agreed for a settlement in Civil suit?

2. Or will taking a case where the wife side has little chance of winning to Lok adalat be a disadvantage to me?

Learning

3 Replies

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     22 December 2014

First ask your in laws that refer their case for mediation, which the family cost will refer on the other hand you ask you advocate to refer your case to look adalat. It is no disadvantageous to either party. If matter will not settled there, will be back to respective court. If you both agree, settlement will be recorded and consented by both and referral court will draw decree on that. Please mind ones settled in mediation or lokadalat, no court will intervene further except execution.

xpressjunction (Site engineer)     22 December 2014

Will asking for reference to Lok adalat for a Civil Suit result in blanket settlement in Divorce and DV case as well?

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     23 December 2014

That your advocate will take care the terms of settlement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register