Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Question on legal hier certificate - hindu family

hello,
i want to apply for a legal heir certificate of my grandfather for a civil suit case. my father has got a brother but we are not in talking terms. in that case, how do i apply for a legal heir certificate of my grandfather  showing his legal hiers.

i have my grandfather death certificate and my father death certificate. is it possible to get it without the consent/knowledge of my uncle. do i need to get i througu court or the VAO office. 

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 November 2017

Any one can apply for legal heir certificate mentioning facts before Tehasildar.

They will send a Revenue official for personal verification.

Your uncle's consent is not required.

But, as a legal heir you have to mention his name, and officials should check with him.

seshukumar kuchibhotla (hr and admin officer)     01 November 2017

Hi Rajesh,

Now a days Tehasildar's have no power to issues Legal heir issue certificate.You have to file a petition in a court for issuing legal heir certificate.You need to file it based on the jurisdiction of the court under which your area comes.You just consult any advocate there in your area.He will guide you to get legal heir certificate.Hope your doubt is cleared.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 November 2017

I am afraid that there was a confusion in guiding Succession certificate and Legal heir certificate.

seshukumar kuchibhotla (hr and admin officer)     01 November 2017

If the property is your grandfather's own earned own,obviously,he will have full right's on that property to write the will to any one.If he didn't write any will about that property,as sucessor's your father and your uncle will become owners of that property as a natural legal heirs.If they distribute that property among themselves,you will become legal heir of your father and you will get that share.But it seems like there is no such partition took place and moreover your father was also passed away.So, now as a legal heir of your father you can claim for that partition and get your share.For that purpose inititally you need to get legal heir certificate,Then you can file a petition for partition of your grandfather's property to be shared with your uncle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register