Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Professional)     14 September 2014

Query on pune corporation apartment balcony use rules

Dear Friends,

I live in an Apartment in Pune (comes under Pune Muncipial corporation).

Because of rain, I want to put sliding windows on my balcony upto the awning. I am not doing civil work, no brick work.

I have received the following from my apartment committee. My question is: 1) Am I violating any of the muncipal rules 2) What do i need to do (any document), so in case municipal corporation asks a question, i have proper document. 

Please see below excerpt from (1) Apartment Bylaws and (2) Pune Municipal Corporation Development Control Regulations. Please make any changes within the rules and regulations.

1. An owner shall not make any structural modifications or alterations in his unit

2. Any departure which is not of a substantial nature from the sanctioned Plan is intended to be made by way of addition which does not violate any provisions regarding general building requirements, structural stability and fire safety requirements of the regulations, alteration may be made and sanction of the authority shall be obtained immediately and in any case before application for occupation certificate and the procedure laid down for original plans shall apply to all such amended plans except the building permission fee. Provided further that, if any such alterations are likely to result in increasing the number of tenements, the built-over area / FSI or change in the marginal opens spaces or the height of the building, no such alterations shall be carried out unless sanction to the amended plans is first obtained. Any work done in contravention of the DC regulations shall be treated as unauthorised.

Please help.

Regards,

Amit

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register