Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adityasood   28 January 2015

Query for claiming damages on false charges

Hello,

My father runs a liason business where he acts as an agent of his customers to get the jobs done in the office of the District Transport Officer, like Vehicle Registration, Driving License, Road tax, etc.

Recently, the vigilance bureau accused him of fraud & corruption by way of an FIR. The case was only that he had submitted a Driving license application & the doctor which had passed the medical test of the applicant could not be traced. The applicant had got the medical passed himself from his family doctor but he gave wrong statements to the Vigilance bureau. Even after knowing the fact that my father had been a patient & was suffering from a rare disease called Progressive Systematic Sclerosis almost 20years ago, the vigilance bureau released his arrest warrants based on the FIR. Due to this shock, he was admitted in the civil hospital at first in serious condition.  He was transferred to various other hospitals afterwards.

Still under the effect of this shock, he passed away after spending almost 2 months in the hospitals under their pressure & torture. Now, I want to sue the vigilance department for false charges & want to penalize them for his death. I have talked to some of his advocate friends but nobody is willing to accept the case because of involvement of the govt. department. Hence, I have decided to contest the case myself. Can anybody please tell me how much time do I have to start the proceedings & what should I do?

Learning

1 Replies

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     29 January 2015

The facts given above by you are not sufficient to provide any advice. However, you can initiate action against any person by filing a criminal complaint under Sec 156(3) of CrPC with the local Judicial Magistrate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register