LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abdul Kadir Meeran   30 May 2019

Qualifications to get recognized as a "rowdy sheeter"

It is very plausible that the questions I am asking here are relatively very stupidly basic, so please bear with me and help me out because I really tried hard to find answers on other "places" on the internet and wasn't satisfied.

How does a person get included in the "rowdy sheet" or history sheet? Who decides whether a person is qualified to enter or not? What are the criteria that are considered (like number of cases, frequency of cases, seriousness of cases etc...)? Even after getting acquitted in a/few case/s can a person be included in the rowdy sheet? How are rowdy sheeters allowed to roam relatively freely?

I recently saw a rowdy sheeter parade where rowdies were talking about committing murder/s on camera while being asked by the IGP, so how come they are not in jail ?- As in are their cases pending or still being heard or are they out on "parole" while serving their sentencing? If their cases are yet to be closed then why is it that their own words saying "I murdered so and so" on camera during this parade not being used against them (does it have to do with Article 20[3] Right against self incrimination)? I also saw the police, in a way, "force" them to get a haircut and shave their beard and even get rid of their tattoos. They (police) said that they (rowdies) should not be seen in groups late at night etc., because (I quote) "what applies to normal citizens does not apply to you(rowdy sheeters)". So I wanted to know how this does not qualify for encroachment of their fundamental rights, as in where does it mention that certain rights of theirs can be curtailed? I realize that answering all these questions can be tedious, so even if you can let me know where I can find the answers to these questions via the internet I would very thankful.

Thank you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register