LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIRBAN CHAKRABARTI (Principal Architect)     27 February 2015

Purchasing flat during divorce case

What is the risk of buying a flat on EMI during divorce petition proceedings? Can it make the alimony amount higher? I have seen that generally for alimony calculation EMI is taken into consideration. What way a Flat purchase impact alimony amount?

Learning

7 Replies

Varun (engineer)     27 February 2015

i also need same info...

saravanan s (legal advisor)     27 February 2015

When calculating alimony all ur income assets etc will be taken into account.in that scenario going for a posession at this time is not advisable

saravanan s (legal advisor)     27 February 2015

When calculating alimony all ur income assets etc will be taken into account.in that scenario going for a posession at this time is not advisable

(Guest)
Originally posted by : ANIRBAN CHAKRABARTI

What is the risk of buying a flat on EMI during divorce petition proceedings? Can it make the alimony amount higher? I have seen that generally for alimony calculation EMI is taken into consideration. What way a Flat purchase impact alimony amount?

No risk.  Can buy flat or a palace too.   Nothing happen unless you keep paying alimony whatever is ordered.   Straight trees are cut first.

stanley (Freedom)     28 February 2015

It would be advisable not to buy a flat during divorce proceedings . Ther is a possibility that she may file a domestic violence case and seek for right to residence . And if the order is passed she will park herself on your lap inside your flat and you will not be able to even dispose of the flat due to the order of the court for right for residence . And all the most its like you are investing for her stay with your money . Leave things as they are and at a later stage you can decide to go in for the same once all the cases have concluded .

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     28 February 2015

Agree with expert Stanley

ANIRBAN CHAKRABARTI (Principal Architect)     28 February 2015

Thanks for your replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register