Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinodh Khanna (Associate)     18 January 2012

Purchased a mortgaged land

Hi,

I have taken a housing loan from one of the standard private bank and purchased a vacant plot(land) in the year of 2010 from the land owner Mr. xxx and he has bought the same from Mr. yyy in the year of 2009. Before purchasing the land, I have taken the last 40 years of EC and verified all kind of document like land tax, patta, chitta, adangal and etc... even before purchasing the land, I seen the original documents also...

Now my problem is, few days back I got a notice from a nationalizedbank stated that around 20 years back Mr. yyyy (second owner) has taken a property loan based on the above mentioned property and it has not yet closed, since we are going to undertake the property.. and they are stating that they have some of the original documents also...

However, when I bought the land, I received all kind of original documents and right now it is in my place... I am confused that, if  Mr. yyy submitted the documents to the bank.. then what I have... Could you please guide me.. where and how can I make sure about the original documents...?

Learning

1 Replies

kumar (NIL)     18 January 2012

Dear Vinodh,

Let me know these things,

Check Schedule of the 2009 (Mr. yyy) & prior to that documents, find the total land area as per the documents

What is the land area mentioned in EC

How Much You have purchased ?

Check the documents numbers as per EC and as per documents (which you have already with you)

Does any document reflected in EC (stating that the property has been mortgaged - Mortgage Deed)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register