LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SACHIN BHANDARI   27 January 2018

Purchase a lease property

Want to purchase a lease property in solapur city ,what are doucments to see and how to buy property tell fromm basic how to buy.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Most imp. thing lease land cannot be sold and purchased. 
There is a different method for dealing with such land. 

First, you need to understand there are legally various types of land, exactly which type of land it is and what are the condition attached legally to the land.  Generally, Govt while giving land on lease makes the lease deed that requires proper study 

Second as per latest amendment in Land Revenue code and various laws such land are required to be changed following due procedure of law , latest rules are not yet notified , means act /land revenue code etc. is amended but rules not yet notified , or if notified I failed to read it in last 3-5 months. 

Third when land is made transferable or permission to transfer the land is received then that person can transfer such land , it requires paying premium etc. to Govt like 20-25%

Plus all law regarding transfer of lease land has changed in 2 years.

Document analysis as well as reading latest law and rules required then further guidance can be given. 

If you are investing money don't be in haste check properly or you may lose or for your encroachment regularizing you have to pay the almost same price to Govt legally, There is a provision of encroachment regularizing but it is very costly.  

Take steps with professional adv. dealing in such matter preferably from your area who knows land matter properly 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 January 2018

I am afraid that lease and usage of land is being confused.  The lease may not be always agricultural land, those commercial properties leased to private persons to Public sector Oil companies also come in this category.  If possible, to make the guidance complete, citations with such summary of such citation helps members in getting full guidance in legal point of view.  This is an art, and once a guidance is given, the yard stick i should,  there should not be any scope for further posts in that thread.

Any purchase in Sholapur city or any city , minimum precaution is bringing this to the attention of lessee and to get confirmation of the ownership rights from them, and on physical possession.  

If the land is sold during lease by lessor without intimation of lessee, and not getting physical possession later as lessor is not having such rights is also a problem.  I know a case where the lessor co-parecenor,  allegedly sold land to dealer without informing the fact to Karta and lessee, as rent is being received by lessor, none of the family members are aware of the transaction, and the sale came into light in the family  three decades after such sale to dealer by lessor..

The issue deserves more precise guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register