Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjushree (admin)     14 May 2014

Punishment for those who pour petrol to house and light fire

Dear Sir/Madam,

Some people poured kerosene and petrol mix to our house 2days back and tried to fire.  Due to huge smell of petrol, we woke up and tried to open the door but it was locked from outside. After long try we were able to open the door and saw their was a rope which was knot to door and window.

Pls let me know, what is the punishment from indian/karnataka penal code to those people. How i can make them arrest.?

Regards,

Manju

Learning

6 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     14 May 2014

1. Such an act attracts punishment u/s 436 of I.P.C. for a term of imprisonment for life, or with an imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to ten years and shall also be liable to fine. The nature of offense is cognizable, non-bailable, non-compoundable and triable by the court of Sessions.

2. For further private phone consultation contact this lawyer.

Adv. Rohit Sharma.
(B.Sc. L.L.B. L.L.M.)
(M) : 09824047971.
E-Mail : lawgate1349@gmail.com

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     14 May 2014

In addition to s.436 of IPC, s. 307 is also attracted in your case....

To arrest the accuse....First you have to file Complaint against the accused persons in the nearest police station, if Police registered FIR, then for investigation they can arrest the accused persons...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2014

you probably have not contacted police nor given full facts on this thread

manjushree (admin)     17 May 2014

Sir, we have raised a complaint in local station but they called them warned and left them as free bird.  Now i do no again in what way they are going to harm us. In local station they are not taking it has serious matter and not providing justice to us. Pls let me know whom i have to contact, so that the disputes will be punished severely. Again they should harm us in any manner.

Regards,

Manju

manjushree (admin)     17 May 2014

again they should not harm us in any manner.....

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     17 May 2014

1. It appears to be strange that the police did not takes the cognizance of the house burnt by such combustible liquids  .  Do you have some witnesses to vouch for the occurrence  of violent  act . Direct your complaints to the Dy.S.P in charges of such police station.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register