LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhakrishnan J (NA)     04 April 2018

Publishing advertisement in newspaper for a registered property

Lawyers and experts, After registering a property (plot), Can I publish that in the newspaper saying that so and so specific plot is already registered in my name and I have the EC. Does that give any legal protection and advantage? Help appreciated.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     04 April 2018

Hello,

There is no need for publishing in newspaper, if the title of the seller is perfect and you done and registration and mutation in your name then there is no extra advantage or benefits for publishing in newspaper.

For any query can cal 9456777600.

Thanks Deepak.

For the property I registered, From the panchayat site, I see this getting displayed:

This property is undergoing mutation and cannot be transacted till mutation process is completed / Property is under Mutation

But this does not tell mutation is undergoing on my name. Iam not even sure if that is how mutation should show up. The encumbrance certificate shows up my name though. Is this sufficient enough to ensure the legality?

Their is no issue.

The question's purpose was to know how to make sure that after doing registration, Is there anything else that needs to be done. We hear a lot about reselling the same plots to different people as a hearsay in Bangalore and I wanted to understand what are the best ways to safeguard the property 100% legally. And does advertising in newspaper give that leverage.

Thanks. That's very helpful.

I guess as a safe measure, It makes more sense to publish in newspaper, which I will do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register