Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siva (Consultant)     11 June 2009

Publication in Official/Govt. Gazette

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the guidelines/procedures to publish a notice on partner's retirement/expulsion from a partership firm in Official/Government Gazette. However, the same has been published in English & Regional newspapers and the re-constitutioin of firm has been accepted & amended by the concerned District Registrar of Firms as well.

Thanks in advance!

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     11 June 2009

Dear Siva,

Approach the government press with a request to publish the retirement/explusion with the relevant sections of the partnership act and they will do the needful. Generally it takes a month to publish the notice in the gazzette and the press also collects charges to print such notice

A V Vishal (Advocate)     11 June 2009

Dear Siva,

Approach the government press with a request to publish the retirement/explusion with the relevant sections of the partnership act and they will do the needful. Generally it takes a month to publish the notice in the gazzette and the press also collects charges to print such notice. However, in A P notices for dissolution of partnership firm are published in gazzette, I have never come across instances where retirement/explusion notices are published in the gazzettes

Siva (Consultant)     12 June 2009

Dear Vishal:

First of all, thanks a lot for your speedy reply to my email. Actually, I was thinking to write to on this regard but incidentally, you've replied to my query.

As per my knowledge, we need to give notice to the District Registrar of Firms about the re-constitution of firms under Sec-63 of Indian partnership Act, 1932, and we need to publish the same in any vernacular newspaper and in Official Gazette as per the Sec-72 of the same Act states.

The Sec-72 is about 'Mode of giving Public Notice' and where it relates to the retirement or expulsion of a partner from a registered firm, or to the dissolution of a registered firm, or to the election to become or not to become a partner in a registered firm by a -person attaining majority who was admitted as a minor to the benefits of partnership, by notice to Registrar of firms under section 63, and by publication in the Official Gazette and in at least one vernacular newspaper circulating in the district where the firm to which it relates has its place or principal place of business.

Anyways, thanks again for your valuable suggestions and inputs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register