LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir Babu (Engineer)     22 December 2010

Public Interest Litegation

Can i file a PIL on water purification plant constructed in common site.a water purification plant was constructed beside my house in a colony of our 5 % common site. 

Learning

4 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     23 December 2010

If you are able to prove that the same would cause hardship to general public, then it can be made

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     23 December 2010

Public Interest Litigation (PIL) - litigation for public interest. PIL was started to protect the fundamental rights of people who are poor, ignorant or in socially/economically disadvantaged position. It is different from ordinary litigation, in that it is not filed by one private person against another for the enforcement of a personal right. The presence of 'public interest' is important to file a PIL.

A PIL can be filed when the following conditions are fulfilled:
- There must be a public injury and public wrong caused by the wrongful act or omission of the state or public authority.
- It is for the enforcement of basic human rights of weaker sections of the community who are downtrodden, ignorant and whose fundamental and constitutional rights have been infringed.
- It must not be frivolous litigation by persons having vested interests.

If you can satifsy court on the above reasons for filing a PIL, then you can go ahead to file it.

Sudhir Babu (Engineer)     23 December 2010

not only myself the colony people also opposing this water purifying plant.our problem is water purification plant is located in our 5 % common site of the colony its not a govt land.moreover they kept bore on night  time.infuture we may get water problem.not only that if plant starts as our roads are narrow and shcool children , senior citizens everyone are staying it was in convinent .so we are trying to file a PIL.are these reasons satisfy to file a PIL

Attached File : 55 55 guntupalli.doc downloaded: 125 times

Sudhir Babu (Engineer)     23 December 2010

the above doc was given to collector in prajavani 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register