LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurdip Singh (Accountant)     20 August 2017

Proving perjury during cross

Defence witness has lied in court. I can prove the lie by getting certified copy of judgment of case he was involved in. Am I entitled to get certified copy of that judgment even though I was not involved in it? If I get it, can I produce it in court even though it is not in original set of documents submitted?

Learning

6 Replies

Arjun Kohli   20 August 2017

Perjury is a criminal offense, and in my opinion, if you bring this before the court, you can request the Court to acquire such a certified copy or allow you to file for a certified copy to be able to aid you in this case. You can cite the stage at which the lie has come across, as a ground for producing such evidence, in my belief.

Sachin (N.A)     20 August 2017

Originally posted by : Gurdip Singh
Defence witness has lied in court. I can prove the lie by getting certified copy of judgment of case he was involved in. Am I entitled to get certified copy of that judgment even though I was not involved in it? If I get it, can I produce it in court even though it is not in original set of documents submitted?

Yes, you can get the certified copy from court and file it in present case. Let your lawyer decide when to file those copies like at the time of cross-examination or at the time of defense evidence.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     20 August 2017

Since you were not party to the case , hence, you cannot get certified copy of order or related file but if you have particulars then you can summon the file through court in order to prove your contention.

Thank you for your comment

Thank you very much for your comment

Thank you for your comment but another lawyer on the same forum says that since I was not a party to that case, I am not entitled to get a certified copy of that order

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register