Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kaustubh (owner)     28 September 2014

Provident fund and farher name

Hi

I m having problem with my father name.

I belong to gujarat and in gujarat behind father name we add 'BHAI'.
Now since i had studied in CBSC board, in my marksheet it is with out adding 'BHAI". It is simply father name with out adding any thing behind it.

Now, i got the job and based on my SSC certificate the same thing is carry forward in my company name. In my company my father name is without adding 'BHAI'.

Of course, my name,surname and father name is correct.

Now, i am worried about my PF. will get directly get credited to bank account and since bank is located in gujarat they added 'BHAI' behind father name. So will this will create any problem.

My name is bank : KAUSTUBH DHIRAJBHAI PATEL

My name in comapny: KAUSTUBH DHIRAJ PATEL

Kaustubh is my name and dhirajbhai is my father name.

Please note:

At the time of opening a bank account this query was raised and i had submitted them a one and same person affidavit. Further, my bank account is a salary bank account. I have the adffidavit, but worried about its validity.

So please help me whether it will create any problem and how long the affidavit for one and same person valid?

thanks in adavance

If i m not wrong,

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     28 September 2014

As you have given personal affidavit to the bank, there will not be any problem.  If you feel any problem with the Bank officials in future call me 7893011777 or ravinder2345@gmail.com.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 September 2014

The bank shall give the a/c opening form to customer and customer shall fill it and submit it with KYC docs.

IN KYC docs ( e.g. ID proof, Pan Card, address proof) if the name is without “BHAI” then you can’t write BHAI in a/c opening form and bank has to relate the information filled in opening form with KYC docs , otherwise what is the purpose of seeing the original  and marking ‘OSV’ on copies.

You are within your rights and bank is under obligation to give you authenticated copies of all papers signed by you including a/c opening form.

If Bank has added ‘BHAI’ on its own then you are not expected to give any declaration.

Rather you should demand in writing under proper acknowledgment that bank should delete ‘BHAI’ from its records.

If Bank has added ‘BHAI’ on its own as per some local custom then bank also knows it and can’t demand any declaration from you.

Get the errors if any corrected in records and keep the name as in your SSC certificate based on which your/father’s  name has been and shall be entered in various records.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     29 September 2014

Dear...error of enumeration can be corrected only by means of an Affidavit. But no format which is applicable to Banking Industry is available.Kindly inform the competent forum from which the relevant format can be obtained....with due regards from slakshmanrao3@gmail.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2014

You have unnecessarily created problems for your own self by adding BHAI which was not at all required, however, since your certificates bear the original name and also since you have submitted an affidavit to this effect, this will suffice to take care of any problem that may arise in future due to this.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     04 October 2014

Dear Sir ...The category of problem is the one which has bearing even on payment of maintenance element due to the families.The fact as on the 04th day of October!2014 is Banking Industry has not yet introduced an apprropriate from which is relevant Under Negotiable Instrument Act...In the absence of  relevant form Artificial Scarcity for minimum financial support  has also increased....Needs special attention...With festival greetings from slakshmanrao3@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register