LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram (Mr.)     20 April 2014

Protection of family property

My wife and I are in the process of filing for a mutual consent divorce. We have a 8 yr old daughter who would be staying with my wife. She over the last 8 yrs has been thoroughly brainwashed by my wife and In Laws to believe that me and my parents do not care for her. My wife and Inlaws were after money from the very begining of the 12 yr marriage and have also been feeding my daughter as to how she should ask for money and gifts from me. The have been living seprate for the last 6 months. My daughter has in the last 6 months asked for a Laptop, a 36 inch television, a washing machine, a music system and to my surprise, a car.

My daughter only calls me up and talks to me, when she wants something otherwise she does not call for months.

With this background, my query is:

How can I protect my interest in my fathers self earned property. My father has no inherited property. I do not want any part of the property which I inherit from my parents to go to my daughter or her mother.

My mother has some inherited property. Can my daughter at any time lay claim to my mothers property if she will it to me?

Can my daughter, being a minor, claim any part of my parents property on their demise if she is not a beneficiary in either of their wills.

Hope I am not too vague.

Regards

Learning

1 Replies

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     20 April 2014

My daughter has in the last 6 months asked for a Laptop, a 36 inch television, a washing machine, a music system and to my surprise, a car.My daughter only calls me up and talks to me, when she wants something otherwise she does not call for months.  -> Indication for things to come. Ask your lawyer how you can stay as a pauper  OR pm ME

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register