LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishwajeet   10 July 2015

Property transfer in case of death

We have a family house freehold DDA flat in Delhi. My father passed away last year. We (1 brother+3 Sisters) want to transfer the flat in our mother's name. Should we execute Relinquishment deed and register it in our mother's name or execute Mutation in MCD? Will there be any stamp duty to be paid? Is there a period with in which the property transfer should be executed ?

Learning

4 Replies

Subash M R (Advocate)     11 July 2015

To mutate the property to your mother's name,you need not give relinquishment deed instead give affidavit this respect. And if you want to transfer your preexisting right,title and interest in the said property to your mother's name you need execute release/relinquishment deed in this regard.

Thanking you,

1 Like

Vishwajeet   13 July 2015

Thankyou for your reply Sir. In both cases (Mutation or relinquishment deed), do we need to re-register the Flat in my mother's name ? How much will be the registration fee/stamp duty in this case ?

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 July 2015

Sir,

The property be mutated on your mother's name, You need to get the Legal Heir Certificate from the court in order to do the same....

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Vishwajeet   16 July 2015

Dear Sir, Thankyou for your reply. Is the mutation of property in my mother's name is sufficient or we need to register it also?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register