LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Patil Shankar Reddy   30 May 2016

Property transfer from father to son

House is purchased by my Grandfather from his own income. After my grandfather death, as he mentioned his personal dairy property has been shared between my Dad & family members.

(My Grand Father is having Three sons and two daughters)

After my grandfather death, my grandmother has transferred House to My Father name and except my Grandmother, none of them signed or did not made any property agreement.

Today one of my Dad younger brother claiming a portion from house, is he legally valid to claim a portion of property?

Learning

10 Replies

Amol Kende (No)     30 May 2016

Ok it means property dont have single owner now as per statement primeryly your grand father give part of property to your father it means half of property transferred to grand mothers name and she made document to transferred to your father is grand mother is a live till now and she made document registerred and probated or not means its legal authentication is valid or not

Ok it means property dont have single owner now as per statement primeryly your grand father give part of property to your father it means half of property transferred to grand mothers name and she made document to transferred to your father is grand mother is a live till now and she made document registerred and probated or not means its legal authentication is valid or not

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 May 2016

Your conscience is aware as to whether your father has acted in a fair manner, by getting the entire property registered in his name from your grand mother, while she is having a right only for that part of share in a house given to you .  Every one is having independent family, and is answerable to his legal heirs on ancestral property.  If your uncles wish to enter into litigation, certainly the Court decides against your father, and may give his and his mother's proportionate share.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 June 2016

The answer to your question is a big Yes. Please contact a good Lawyer for settlement.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 June 2016

Grandfather's self acquired property upon his intestate death shall devolve on all his legal heirs. 

Grandmother cannot make the property to be transferred on one one son's name alone while others object to it. 

The other person seeking a share in the property is very much valid. 

Arrange to settle the issues amicably without going to the court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register