LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kshitiz   17 August 2018

Property transfer after divorce

I got divorced in USA. We had a joint property in Hyderbad which got awarded to my ex-wife in divorce decree. How do I transfer property to her name?

Learning

4 Replies

Krishna   17 August 2018

That's your ex wife problem, why should you break your mind

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     17 August 2018

Dear querist,

Let your wife take all the pain. You are giving end and she has decree in her favor let her do that.

You enjoy your life forget about your ex.

(Unless wife is asking question pretending herself as husband)

Thanks and Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

kirti kabra   17 August 2018

Transfer of Ownership -Your first order of business is to transfer title of any property that was previously held in joint names

Encumbered Assets -Divorce decrees don't bind creditors and they don't affect the contract you signed with them. Therefore, when an asset acts as security for a mortgage or auto loan that's in both your names, the lender can pursue both you and your spouse for payment, even if only one of you actually owns the property after you've transferred title. The court will typically order that the spouse who is awarded the encumbered property refinance it into her sole name

So you can basically execute a deed with respect to the property in the favour of your wife and transfer your interest in the property thereafter.

Kshitiz   17 August 2018

One thing that I need to mention that there is no loan associated with the property. Will a simple relinquish deed can tranfer the property to her name?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register