Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani (SA)     23 July 2014

Property transfer about hudco

Hi,

I need experts to help me to take a decision. Let me explain the situation.

HUDCO has alloted a flat type house to a lady X. X went into financial crisis so she wanted to sell the house and we agreed to buy.

But the document was not yet released during that time. so we executed the following

1) Unregistered agreement

2) registered Power of Attorney

3) Registered WILL

4) NOC for name transfer from X's son and daughter.

Now the problem starts, in 2007 X died and the family members didnt obtain the death certificate.

As per WILL, it states after X's life HUCDO has to provide the document in her son's name and Son has to re-register it to my name and he has no rights to claim that property.

I approached the HUCDO, they are asking Death certificate and Legal Heir certificate.

Her son is not so cooperative in getting the documents, but said he can sign anywhere.

Is there any alternate way instead of getting death and heir certificate?

Like I can file a suit in court and court can give order to HUDCO to registered the document in her son's name or my name directly? so that HUDCO wont ask the certificates?

Her Son will cooperate for suit also.

Thanks a ton!

Learning

4 Replies

Forgot to add a point. am not India right now,

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     23 July 2014

Dear,

If you think his son will co-operate in getting the death certificate or the heir certificate then things would be beneficial to you otherwise take the desired pain and ask for the death certificate and legal heir certificate and get the property transferred right away to your name.

My idea of the above mentioned fact is that its simple and less time consuming, because in filing and contesting civil suit you will have to come across various problems and have to pay a court fees and many other things could change in the mean time, lets suppose her son will not agree to all the documents executed between you and his mother or any unfortunate situation  come your way.

Try first thing first then file a suit.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

Thanks Kapil Sir, but the problem is, the son is also old and he cant run around the govt offices to get the death and legal heir. Getting a death certificate after 7 yrs is painful I guess.

Also Im not in India, son wont take any initiative to obtain the ceritificates

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     23 July 2014

Call me tmrw, I will arrange someone to get it done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register