Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

viji (fina)     20 March 2014

Property transfer

Dear sir/mam,

we are having a house and which is in the name of my mother.  my mother wish to transfer the same to my name.

whereas i am having two brothers also, but her wish is to transfer the same to my name only.

the property is originated in her name only.

please update the ways of transfer with no other litigation.

thanks

Learning

3 Replies

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     20 March 2014

If it is self acquired property of your mother, then obtain a registred Sale deed / gift deed in your favour with your brothers as attesting witness. Cheap method would be for you mother to execute a will in your favour, it may also be registered with any sub Registrar.However, you will acquire title only after the demise of your mother.

viji (fina)     21 March 2014

Dear sir,

thank you. 

did the documents can be challenged?? under gift deed and  under will........ because my brothers are not in agreement with the decision of my mother.

did the sale deed should accompany with money transfer or it can be done without money transfer to my mother name with required stamp duty only?

k.Ashokkumar (Deputy manager)     22 March 2014

Dear sir,

Please get settlement deed from your mother. As per hindu succession act the women acquired property is considered as self acquired property. Your mother had rights to excute the property to your name.Your brothers have not rights to challange it. So you may get settlement deed from your mother if see wish to transfer the property.

Regards,

K.Ashokkumar 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register