Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saniya (executive)     24 December 2012

Property transfer

hello. . .

We live in a joint family and hence own 2 flats in navi mumbai. . my father and uncle had taken a loan for the same in the name of my uncle. .hence both the flats are on my uncles name. . now due to this i suffer from problems during passport renewal and bank account opening and other things. . now the loan has been paid off. . so i wanted to know the procedure to make one flat on the name of my father. . .and how to go about it

thanks. ..

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     24 December 2012

Your uncle and your father must execute a deed called - partition deed . This must be compulsarily registered.

The partition deed will contain the details of the undivided properties until now and how the properties are to be divided once both the parties sign the partition deed.

saniya (executive)     24 December 2012

thanks a lot sir for such a prompt reply. . .

So after signing the partnership deed then. . .what do  we have to do to get the flat on my fathers name?. . .and how much will it cost??

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     28 December 2012

Its a " PARTITION DEED".

Once a partition deed is executed , you are eligible to create a new set of documents pertaining to the said property and your father can make changes to the revenue record and begin paying property tax in his name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register