LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghu (HR Manager)     16 July 2015

Property transfer

We are 3 brothers and my father recently passed away. We 3 brothers are married and having children. We are staying near by to my mother. 

My father bought a residential flat in 1993 on my father's name and it belongs to me [ Elder son] as per my fathers final wish. [Nothing written leagally]. Still my 2 brother and my mother  are willing and agreed to execute my father's wish. They have no objection transfering their entire whole and sole rights on my name. 

What shall I do now to make that property on my name. What would be  the process and what consiquesces may arise in future from any of my family members [ including the children of my 2 brothers]

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 July 2015

all legal heirs (excluding you) to your  fathers property must relinguish their rights in the property by executing a registered relinguishment deed made in your favour

Venkat Iyer (CEO)     17 July 2015

Dear Sir,

Parents died in 2009, leaving behind a nomination form filed with the Hsg Society about 30 years back in favour of one of the legal heir.Can this Nomination of a property be legally accepted as a WILL to have right on the ownership by the said legal heir.If yes what procedures thereon should on opt for legalisation of the same.Whether completing the formalities after 6 years will have any legal impeedance.

Thanks in anticipation.,I remain. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register