LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok   09 January 2018

Property through will

My dad expired when I was kid. My grandma got property(assigned patta) from government.

My mom got the property from my grand ma using will(registered). My mom wrote another will(registered) to give the property to me after her expired. Mom expired couple of years back. Now how do I become owner of the property (building)?

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     10 January 2018

Get the Will probated from the Civil court and get mutation done in your name of the property in the Muncipality records.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     10 January 2018

First clarify whether you have siblings or you are the only child to your parents.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 January 2018

Get probated will. A probate court decides the legal validity of a testator's (deceased person's) willand grants its approval, also known as granting probate, to the executor. Theprobated will then becomes a legal instrument that may be enforced by the executor in the law courts if necessary.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 January 2018

Obtaining of legal heir certificate is the first step.  In some states mutation is possible, on the basis of legal heir certificate and registered will , if  there is only one legal heir.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 January 2018

If you are the only child of your mother then you have 2 options that you can apply for legal heriship certificate and other is probate of will. If you are not residing in metropolitan are then not necessary for probate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register