Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

worried family (manager)     02 May 2013

Property tangle

Dear Experts,

Our family property is in the name of father(-flats )and mother(landed property). with age my father plans to distribute the property between me and my siblings. the eldest is being favoured with a huge share in father's property and most probably will get full share in mother's.

we r not being given even half as much of what the eldest is getting.entire property is earned by father, but some he bought in mother's name. Do we have any right to disputethe will during or after their lifetime? If so what are the options? Also what is the status of the property in mother's name? we just feel that we r being given an unfair deal. please guide.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     03 May 2013

It would depend upon how the property was acquired by your father. If it his self acquired property then, even if he makes unequal distribution amongst his children, you cannot do anything about it. If it is the ancestral property then, certainly you can seek equal share.

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     03 May 2013

As per your own statement ,the property under reference is self acquired property of your father,As such he has got every right to dispose it of the way he likes.The property purchased in the name of your mother shall be her self acquired property and accrdiongly she may dispose it off the way she likes . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register