LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ved (Owner)     27 March 2015

Property sale deed- correcting jurisdiction in the deed

The flat was purchased from Tamil Nadu Housing Board in 1970. Later it changed hands and we bought it in 1984. Now we notice that our neighbors have their registration in a different SRO and we are in a different SRO. I am talking about 6 apartments in a block where the rest 5 are registered in a different SRO under a different village header. 

Tracing our documents I find that all the documents carry the current SRO right from the beginning. What am I supposed to do. There is no error committed by anyone other than probably a change in the jurisdiction which we were unaware of. 

Will a rectification deed do? If so am i supposed to bear the stamp duty? Why would I need to pay for a normal change in jurisdiction with stamp duty.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. 

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 March 2015

In which year and office, did you purchase the property?  and in the same manner, the rest of 5 members registered the property in which year and in which office? are the vendors different from one purchaser to another purchaser?

Ved (Owner)     28 March 2015

Sir, our property was registered in 1984 at Saidapet SRO. I am not sure of all others in the complex but three of them seem to have done the registration post 1985. I am not sure what you mean by are the vendors different, the seller was TNHB and the buyers were all different.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register