LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ECM Invincible (Marketing)     14 April 2014

Property rights

My elder sister got married 15 years ago, she runs school and her husband is renowned businessman, has lot of property in NCR, hills and in small towns.

I’m doing satisfactory job. My mother has a property from maternal side, my maternal grandfather & maternal grandmother is no more now it’s been more than 8 years, and my father is no more too.

Now plz tell me does my sister has a share in this maternal property? If yes, then plz let me know how much share.

And also if she has the share then how should I proceed so that she can’t claim it in future.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     14 April 2014

going by your statement, yes you are eligible for a share.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     14 April 2014

Sorry, the above said answer was meant for other thread, but wrongly addressed to you. If you are a Hindu, and your mother has got properties from maternal side, it has become her property, she has the right to convey to any body she wants,it may be your sister or you.The proposition has to be decided between you two without any  problem.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2014

If your mother is alive, during her life time any property inherited by her from her parents or from any where will be her absolute and own property.  she has full rights over it to dispose it in any way she desires to, nobody can compel her nor anyone has any share in it during her life time or in the Will executed by her bequeathing the same in anyone's favor.  The economic condition of your sister or yours will not play any role in the said property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register