Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MKArjun (Engineer)     26 November 2014

Property purchased on minor in dispute

Dear All,

When I was minor  my deceased father with his self earned fund had purchased 20 acres agriculture land on my name and he was only enjoying this land income when he was staying with his joint family ( 2 brothers, 3 sisters, Father and mother) and his other joint family members were enjoying income came from my Grand father self earned landed property and shops. During family partition in year 1980, my father did not get any property from his father but he had taken my 20 acres land as his part and signed the family settlement paper.

Now myself and my brother got into dispute and want to make family partition between us. My brother also owns 15 acres land which is purchased by my father after his family partition.

In this context can you please help me to clarify the following points :

1) Is my father or my uncles has right to put my land into their family partition in year 1980?

2) Is my 20 acres land considered as joint family property during father family partiton in year 1980?

3) I had not stayed with my brother since my teen age as I had left my home for higher education then settled        in Bangalore.

Is this 20 acres land considered as joint family property between my brother and me?

4) Is benami law can help me to protect  my 20 acres land to retain on my name or my brother has got right to claim on it?

Many Thanks for taking your valuable time and clarifying above said points.

MK Arjun

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register