LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh (Professor)     02 March 2015

Property posssession: please help

I am a NRI working  in USA. I bought  a plot which is now registered and Intkal in my name. This plot was purchased through a property dealer from the original owner who never mentioned that this property is shared with his other brother.  After getting done registry and intkal we did boundry wall of this plot which was demolished by owners brother who claim that  he share this property and he is not paid for this property.  Forcefully he has captured this plot and not allowing us take its possession. All negotiation with him are failed. The original owner from we bought plot died and property dealer is not helping.  I have all legal documents : registry , Intkal and Fard.  It will be very very kind if someone can help me knowing the legal actions here. Did I lost my hard earned money ? Did the legal documents will not help ?

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 March 2015

Dear, You said registry is done right? But How a property which is jointly owned be transferred and registered by a single person? Where is the property located ? You have all rights over the property.... After how many years the brother has come to claim over the property ? Please send me scanned papers of the same and I will see what best possible can be done for .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2015

You have to fight it out through court of law only.  Such type of land mafias are abundantly prevalent all over the country especially in major cities.  You may take the help of a lawyer and file a declaration suit as well an injunction application restraining the other party from interfering in your possession and enjoyment of the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register