We reside in a Pagdi Chawl, Mumbai Ghatkopar West near Asalpha Metro Station. We are total 20 members, our concerns are as below;
1. Our Chawl is on a name of person whom we paid a rent since long almost 40 years and we still pay a rent to him, but in CTS survey number and on 7/12 map his name is nowhere mentioned as per collector official, so we are confused who is our owner?
2. He has not even paid any Property Tax to BMC, in that case what do we need to do?
3. Our area is declared under slum in 2007, need to know will this effect in future when government rehabilitation plan comes?
4. We have a unity of all 20 tenants and agreement in between to go and make ownership or registered society, we want to know the challenges and procedures of doing it?
5. How to make this new society to come under CTS number under collector office?
Request you to please guide as we are new to this process and in a serious urgency to finish this matter ASAP.