Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Info (not working)     21 January 2012

Property ownership & land registration records

Hello Sir,

My Grandfather had passed away in 1987. He had four children Aunt 1 (Married, Alive, 2 sons), Aunt 2 (Married, Deceased, 2 Married Daughters), My Dad (Married, Deceased, 2 sons) and Aunt 3 (Unmarried, Alive, No children). He had two properties in lucknow.

After his death, my father was given the responsibilities on the properties, Property1, one they were living in and another Property2, a plot which was developed in 1990. For this plot (Property2), my grandmother had agreed to the movement of property to my dad's name, all three of my aunts, then all alive, had submitted a No Objection Certificate.

My dad's name appears on the LDA land records and Municipal Corporation records. However, after his demise last year, my two surviving aunts (Aunt 1 & Aunt 3) are claiming their interest in Property 2.

My question is, do they have any holding in the property after submitting the No Objection Certificate to move the property to my Dad's name?

My dad had taken two loans to develop the property. If he was not the sole owner of the property, would he have recieved any mortgage loans?

How did the property get registered on my Dad's name if he was not the sole proprietor of this land (Property2) in the LDA land records?

What steps need to be taken by us (Mother, Brother & I) to acquire the property2 and have our (all 3) names registered at LDA land records office?

I realize it is more than one question that I ask, I however, plead your response as it will put our minds at ease. We have no interest in Property1 as we would want that to move to our aunt3 as she is unmarried and aged.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register