LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samba   01 August 2015

Property on mother name

My Mother had a property on her name. first she had land on her name purchased after her marriage with both my father and mother's money. after 20 years i have built an house with personal loan. now i have competed the house construction and it was in her name only. I have a younger brother and elder sister. Is there any possibility that she transfer this property directly to my sister by not considering me and my brother. Please advice.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     01 August 2015

Hello!

Is the property registred in joint name or single name?

if your father was the owner of the property then, you all children do have a right in the share of your father.

Your mother can give her share in the property either all three of you or to any child or may donate to third party as she desires.

As far as your costs of constrcution is considered, you may claim the said amount incase the property is transfered in your brother and sisters name only. but you need to preserve all the payment proof, bank pass book and loan payment details so as to claim the same if need arises.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

samba   01 August 2015

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your immediate reply. As i said in the question, both land and house are in my mothers name and my father is still alive. Also as thise is build with personal loan there are no specific proofs that the amount was userd for house construction. I can only provide the the loan was sanctioned to me.

From the forums questions, i see most of the guys have same problem. after they get the jobs, they build a house for their family with the personal loan and they have to bear this amout for 10 to 15 years. But if the peroperty is in mother's name then it is going to only daughter.

Amol Kende (No)     01 August 2015

No here is a chance to you to make gift deed from your mother if mother is ready to gift the house to you and land is to your sister and brother name then its result is good for you hence

do as to such side gift deed is making against the affection and love against any child its whether his self child or other than self also hence its a chance to you

samba   01 August 2015

I just want to know what are the possibilities that she transfer the assets to my sister?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register