Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshmi Gurumurthy (Manager - Sales & Client relationship)     14 August 2017

Property of grand father

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m a 25 year’s old unmarried lady living in Chennai. I am having some legal doubts regarding the property of Grandfather. My mother and her elder brother were only children for my grandfather. They own a land of around 1800 sqft in Virugambakkam, Chennai.

When my mother got married, my uncle gave an oral promise to her and my father that he will give 50% of the land to her. Then later he built a house in that land which occupied all the area. My mother was mentally depressed with my father and his family because of some issues with her mother in law in the year of 1991. At that time my uncle took her to his home and mesmerized, and got her signature in empty papers and told that he wants to take an EB connection for that area, so he needs her signature for that. Though my mother does not aware of these legal she completed only 6th std, hence they have used her innocence and cheated her. Once they got everything from her, she drove her from there.

We all knew this at that time itself, but my father did not escalate this to any legal aspect, but now I want to file a case and to get the share from the property. Is it possible after these many years?

It will be very helpful if I get a proper guidance from this forum

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 August 2017

Which personal law applies in your case e.g; Hindu?

Who was 1st owner of the property in your ancestors say; your Maternal Grandfather?

Is he alive? If NO what is date/month/year of his death?

Is your mother alive?

Have you obtained the mutation records and all link docs?

Have you shwon these to a local counsel? 

If yes what is your own counsel's opinion?

Lakshmi Gurumurthy (Manager - Sales & Client relationship)     14 August 2017

Yes, my mother is alive now, Hindu succession act i think. We are from Hindu family. As I know my maternal grand father is owner of the property. Im trying to obtain the copy of the document from register office. Seraching for the survey number of the area.

My grandfather died while my mother was 11 years old. She got married in 19 years old(1990). This incident happened at 1991.

I do not know the exact date of my maternal grand father died

Visit concerned official of authority under whose jurisdiction property falls say; MC/Patwaari and obtain mutation records with all link docs.....................

Thus you may get copy of the purported document that you feel is got signed from your mother under some coercion....

The mutation record and link docs can indictae the proepty was self acquired/ancestral...........

Succession opens on date of death of owner.

Your local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/succession/revenue/civil matters and well versed with personal law, local enactments, and having successful track record that has examined all docs on record, facts of the matter can guide and help you further.............. 

Your local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/succession/revenue/civil matters and well versed with personal law, local enactments, can also help you locate,trace and get all mutation records and link docs...

Lakshmi Gurumurthy (Manager - Sales & Client relationship)     16 August 2017

Ok. Let me gather all the link documents and other relevant details

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2017

You have decided to act in right manner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register