LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meera   25 January 2018

Property maintenance

I own a farm land in a gated community.about 150 plots of one acre each.already fifty residents are staying there enjoying all the facility.mine is a vacant plot.i have been paying maintenance for the last ten years just like the residents there.but they don’t maintain the vacant plots and we are asked to clean it up at our expense.and the maintenance charges are very high and they want increase 10%every year.iam a senior citizen and I can’t afford to pay the exorbitant charges.what is the way out for me.inshall be thankful if you could kindly give your advise in this regard

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     25 January 2018

Under the law, if a serious complaint is made by a member or a public servant in writing about the affairs of a co-operative society  or its managing committee or office bearers to the Registrar or to any person authorised by him in this regard……….. he may order an inspection in respect of only issues or issues as the case may be , raised in the complaint and the inspection shall be conducted by a person not below the rank of Assistant Registrar.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     25 January 2018

Hello!  First please understand. The maintenance charge being charged is not for maintaining your plot particularly, but to maintain the facilities that are available within the Gated Community.  The maintenance charges that you pay are not towards Jamadar's work to look after or clean your plot.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register