LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DHEERAJ YADAV   25 June 2016

Property in name of step mother

My father married again after my mother died when i was 11 yrs old. Our house was in name of my mother. After 20 yrs, my father has transferred the property in name of my step mother since my father has the power of atorney of our house. We are all living together along with my 2 step brothers. I want to ask whether do I have any legal claim in the property ?

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 June 2016

Poa from your mother to your father had lost its validity once after the death of your mother. in that case if he had given the property to your step mother after the death of your mother the transfer is not valid.you can lay claim for your share in the property

JustAdvisor (IT)     25 June 2016

as rightly mentioned by learned expert, in majority of cases POA expires on death of the donor which is most likely the case with you. now presuming your mother never made a will, and you are the only child, you have 50% share rest is your father's.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 June 2016

It is believed you are Hindu.

The child from own womb of Hindu female and her husband have the right on property/estate  left by hindu female.

Obtain authnticated copies of mutation record, link documents from revenue officer in concerned authority under whose  jurisdiction property falls.

Show these to a  very able counsel specializing in family/property/civil/revenue matters and stake claim on the property under expert guidance of your counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register