LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu   12 October 2016

Property from daughter to mother

My mother is co-owner in the residential property. I am the 1st owner and she is 2nd. After my marriage, I want to ensure that my mother has all rights on this property incase of any unforseen circumstances. I want to ensure that my spouse or his relatives do not claim any rights on this property. How do I ensure the same legally? I do not have siblings.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 October 2016

Contact advocate and register a relinquishment deed by relinquishing the property in the name of your mother.  Think and decide as to the future course of the property also and ensure that it reaches the deserving.

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     12 October 2016

1) Relinquish deed or 2) will or 3) Gift

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     12 October 2016

1) Relinquish deed or 2) will or 3) Gift

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 October 2016

You gift away your share in the joint ownership or coownership property in favour of your mother by a registered gift Deed. The gift Deed should clearly mention that you as  a daughter and coowner of the property out of your natural love and affection TOWARDS YOUR MOTHER   is gifting or giving away your interest, right anddtitle in  the property in favour  of the donee and the Donee - your mother IN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF YOUR natural love and affection towards her is accepting the  GIFT OF RESISDENTIAL house property from you. Or  through relinquishment Deed also you can have the same effect. You should mention  in registered and stamped relinqueshment deed that you are  relinquishing all your rights, title and interests in  the jointly owned propwrty in favour of you rmother.If you appreciate this answer pleasse click the thank you button on this forum.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 October 2016

WILL; Shall operate after death of testator. Prefer to register the WILL.At some locations it is mandatory to probate the WILL. You may check the expenses.

Gift/sale/Release/relinquishment;  by a valid/registered deed is another option. It shall transfer ownership with immediate effect.You may check the expenses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register