LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santhosh (SSE)     24 April 2014

Property dispute by mother

Hi there, if there is a property self earned by deceased father and there are two sons to him, can the mother write a will to transfer the whole property to him younger son and not to the elder one.

Note: mother stays with elder son I his earnings in the the same house which is in dispute.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     24 April 2014

had your father transfer his rights by making will , sale deed or by registered gift deed in favour of your mother if not , then your mother have no right to make her will for that property which was self earned by your's father and still in his name , apply for legal heirness certificate in the tehshil of your area , you , your brother and your mother are the legal heirs of your deceased father , the whole property will divided in three equal parts , you all three members will get 1/3 share in the property , then you have to go for mutation after completion of mutation procedure you three become owner of your shares now your mother can transfer her share to anyone whom she wish by making her will .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 April 2014

I too agree with Mr.Laxmi Kant Joshi suggestion.

Santhosh (SSE)     25 April 2014

Thank you Mr. Laxmi and Mr. Ram for your quick turnout. That really helps. There is no written will or deed by my father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register