LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manmohan Singh   24 August 2017

Property dispute between three brothers

This is about a Hindu family, living in Rajasthan. I just want a quick advice/suggestion.
I m the eldest son of d whole family. My grandmother died on 25th July and after that my uncle wanted to divide the property.
My father is a govt employee, his younger brother looks after the property in the village, i.e, fields and houses/plots. The youngest one is serving in railways. Now, we have diverse fields and houses in the village, 2 houses & 3 plots for keeping livestock. 1 House & 1 plot is in the town where My family lives, me along with my mom, dad and younger brother and sister. Most of the property was purchased by my father, i.e, 65-75% but I don't know what is registered in whose name. Also, it doesn't matter what is in whose name as all were living together.
My simple question is whether the property will be divided equally between the three or will it be divided according to the investment made?
My grandfather did not leave much as he died in ill health.
I don't know why but my father wants to give a major portion of the property to my uncles.

Learning

2 Replies

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2017

Your Query is not clear. In whose name the property is registered?

Krishna . Advocate 9447963440

Manmohan Singh   26 August 2017

Thank you for replying sir. The property is discretely registered, meaning it is registered in random names like some field is registered in my mom's name, then some plot is registered in my aunt's name, like that. It doesn't matter what is registered in whose name. It will be re-registered after we split it.

But as most of the property was raised by my father, meaning most of the investment was made by him. So who should be getting about how much part of it or will it be divided equally among all three?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register