LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachinMALHOTRA (excutive)     02 March 2015

Property despute

my father buy a property in 1973 in the name of my grandmother before marriage, G.P.A. registered with a Sub-registrar office in Delhi. but G.P.A. had signed by my father, no signature & thumb impression of my grand mother on G.P.A. now my father & my grand mother is died in 2011. now my father's brothers (other sons of my grandmother) ask for their share in this property pl advice..

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 March 2015

Dear, It means the property was a benami transaction kind of a thing in your grandmothers name .... Give me a days time to see the law and give me a call at weekend. Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2015

The GPA will become invalid/infructuous after the death of the principal.  Moreover you state that the GPA was not signed by the principal i.e., your grandmother then the same is absolutely invalid.   The property is now intestate property of your deceased grandmother which will devolve equally upon all her legal heirs  therefore the claim by your father's brothers is justified and legally tenable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register