LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Smita (None)     21 December 2014

Property cards shows entries only till 2006

There was a ancestral bunglow on a plot and my father in law (FIL) sold that share to one of my husband's cousin brother who developed that plot. We got nothing out of it.

There is a new commercial building on that plot now. Offices and shops are sold to other people. 

But the property card shows entries only till my FIL sold his share.

1) Why does the property card not show any entries after that? 

2) What should I do to get an updated property card with entries till current date? 

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     23 December 2014

1) Unless the Sellor sold the property via proper procedures to others and the Sellor and Buyer got the sales deed registered, nothing will show up in the property records.

2) You can not do anything re this process. It is for the buyers to be worried since they are - most probably - sitting on property which can be disputed any time by anyone , particularly the last owner on record / his legal heirs.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register