LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santosh   21 September 2017

Property can be sold without daughters signature

Hi sir,I'm from Hyderabad.my grand father has three sons one daughter.I'm daughter of his elder son.when grand father is alive he gave property to all including grand mother.each of 1/2 acre.my grand mother and his one son sold 1acre after grnad fathers death.after few years my father and middle son and daughter made aggreement to sell and took advance.before registration my father died.now all of them are asking my fathers land to give them including my grand mother who sold their land before.why because my father has no sons.only daughter.is it possible to sell the land without daughters signature .and whom will be the right for that land.

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     21 September 2017

It depends on facts of the case as to whether the signature of daughter is required or not. What is the proof of the facts that share or land was given by your grand father as stated by you.If land was given by any mode to your father then except you no one is entitled to claim any right over the property.Consult a lawyer wuith details.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 September 2017

Why multiple postings? 

Anyhow, had your father worked out a family settlement and get it duly executed during his life time? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 September 2017

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

Confirm!

As suggested by Mr. P.Venu; obtain mutation records with all link docs from concerned authortiy/official e.g; Patwari............and check if your father signed any settlement !

The property in hands of your grandfather was self acquired/ancestral?

How did your grandfather gave land share to all say by partition deed/settlement deed?

In case of Hindu male; that dies without disposing his property in his life time by a valid/registered deed the 1st right is of : Mother(if alive as on date of death), Wife (if alive as on date of death), sons, daughters................for equal share.

So your father had equal share..............

Your father's share ( Undisposed) shall devolve equally upon his ClassI legal heirs...............and you have equal share..........

Don't sign until you get your share...........

Is your mother alive?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register